Sunday, October 25, 2009

A great find!

Back on some lonely September day I was browsing the classified trying to find an end table for my living room. I just happened to find this beauty. It is an antique mahogany table. It was love at first sight. The best part of it was it only cost me 10 dollars! The lady didn't want to fix it up and just wanted to get rid if it. I was thrilled to take it off her hands! Isn't it beautiful?


Phoebe is holding it up. I hadn't fixed the leg yet. She is such a trooper. Or maybe she was happy to be out of bed to help her mom. I don't know.

The top is really scratched up. Part of my likes it that way. It gives it more flavor. Part of me wants to totally redo it from top to bottom. I guess it depends on the history behind the table. I am still trying to find out information about it. More to come on that.


Ignore the dust please. I love the detail! The decor, the grain line and the color. It is so pretty. I don't think I took a photo if it but I has metal claw feet. Oh so cute!

Another pretty shot.

Here is another added bonus. It opens up to a card table! The hinges are loose so we don't open it up, but wont that be fun when family comes over?
Soon after I took these photos I fixed the broken leg and found the perfect spot in the living room. It is adorned with my beautiful redone lamp and fall decorations. I will try to get a photo of it up soon.

4 comments:

Red Charlotte said...

Oh my gosh. This table has sooooo much potential. I can't wait to see what you do with it. I'd check out the before & afters on Design Sponge and on the furniture examples on Mod Podge Rocks for inspiration. Good luck!

Amandean said...

Gorgeous!

Emily said...

What a great table. Don't you just love KSL

Bethany said...

I love that table! What a great find!