Tuesday, September 15, 2009

DIY!

My sister Charlotte has gotten me into doing DIY (Do it yourself) projects. Reuse and re purpose. I am a bit addicted to it. I think it all started when she came out and re did my craft room. We hit the thrift stores and tried to use up what we had around the house. I now love going to thrift stores and seeing the potential in things. Here is my first real project. I was simple but so satisfing! I saw this lamp. It was for three dollars. I really liked the shape of thel lamp and that was about it. I slapped on some black paint and got a new lamp shade (the lamp shade was on clearance too!) and now I have an new lamp!


Before:


After!
I am thinking about the lamp shade. It is so plane. I think I might embroder some little design around the top and bottom edge. What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it looks great but would look so chic with a little somethign unique on the border! good idea!! This is so much fun!

meg said...

What a cute little lamp! Way to *make it do* as they said in the olden days! By the way, yesterday I blogged about the first time Jase and I met if you want a little stroll down memory lane. Hope you're enjoying the new(ish) house!

Bethany said...

Fabulous!

Red Charlotte said...

Hurray for DIY!! It is sooo addictive once you get started. I love the new paint color! I think a little embroidery would be awesome (but you know I'm a fan of color, color, color.)