Saturday, September 26, 2009

Lamp Shade revamp

Sorry for the long pause! Between having an allergic reaction to medication that sent me to the ER (and a week recovery) and then having a 33 hour power outage and now I am battling a little head cold, I really haven't wanted to do much of anything. Today I hit my wall. I felt like if I didn't do something for me or creative I might pull some hair out. It took me a while to figure something I could do laying on the couch and not much work. In my last post I showed the lamp that I painted. I really liked it but I thought the lamp shade was too white. Tonight, while Jake listened to the BYU game (go cougars!) I did this!






I stitched a little flower design. I just got a sharp pencil and sketched the design I wanted and then I pulled out my cross stitching stuff, found some buttons and six hours later I had this beauty. I am really in love with it! What do you think?

5 comments:

meg said...

Sariah that is darling! And how creative! That is incredible and you should be loving it! I am so sorry to hear about your troubles and so glad that you are okay! I have missed you!

Red Charlotte said...

:gasp:

I'm so impressed! When can we live next to each other and open our own shop? I'm still moving forward on the Etsy shop, I just want us to be neighbors soooo bad!

Anonymous said...

Sariah, you are so creative! I can't believe all the beautiful things you make, I'm a little jealous!

Sarah said...

So cute! Love it!

Bethany said...

Very cute!