Friday, November 6, 2009

Ten years in the making!

A little over ten years ago I bought a bunch of blue fabric. I just had fell in love with it. I kept it for a few years and sense then I have been slowly working on it. I am happy to say I have finally finished it! I love it. What makes it extra special is that is I was able to use one of my great grandmothers quilts as the batting. The quilt was falling apart! It was basically rags. Granny always wanted us to use the quilts and we have been using that quilt sense I was a kid! I really like how it turned out. I was even able to find a blue fabric on the back that was similar to the the back fabric to Granny's quilt. I picked blue, hers was yellow. I really didn't want to tie they quilt, but because of the size of it I was not able to use my own machine to quilt it. Sigh.... One day I will be able to own a quilting machine! Jake and I tied it together. I was a fun date night. So please enjoy the quilt. If you ever come to visit then you just might get to sleep with it!


, The bed is a queen but the blanket is fit for a double bed. It works though. I wish I could have shown it to Granny!

This shows you an up close of the design. I wanted it to be a pinwheel design but it didn't' turn out quite how I wanted it, but still I am falling more and more in love with it.

This picture shows the back of the quilt. The quilt that I recycled was very similar to the back of this quilt, just yellow. I was able to find a craft store going out of business. I was able to get the fabric for 50% off! Whhooooooooooooo I love finding deals like that! I just might go back on payday and get some more cheep fabric to finish a few other quilt projects... Well see......

5 comments:

Emily said...

Looks great!! You are so crafty. You need to come over to my house and work your magic.

Red Charlotte said...

What beautiful colors! Go, go, go my talented sister. The quality of your work and the time you spent on it really shows.

The Kelly Family said...

Its looks so great Sariah!

Bethany said...

That is fabulous! Great job.

Unknown said...

Blankie....I cant wait to visit and sleep with your blankie!