Friday, June 18, 2010

Jakes surgery








For some reason Blogger is acting a little funny, but I wanted to get these photos posted. This is all about Jake's surgery. Last Friday Jake got surgery that has needed to be done sense he was a kid. He had his tonsils removed, his uvula cut off and a new one made out of his soft pallet, the rest of his soft pallet was tightened up, he had polyps removed from his nose, his left nostril was completely blocked and he was getting no air in it, and he had his deviated septum fixed. Whoa. That is a lot. He has been such an amazing person through all of it. I really thought it would have knocked him out, but get this, it has been seven days sense the surgery and he is completely off pain killer! (Has been sense day four!) He is talking, going out and doing things, and eating pretty normal food. The doctor was actually shocked at how well he is doing! That's my man! Two nights ago was the first time in our marriage that he did not snore!! He is feeling more rested then ever before. What a blessing. This surgery is so worth it to people with sleep apnea, and breathing problems. Jake's uvula was extremely long, and his tonsils were extremely huge. The doc said that was part of the snoring problem. When they removed the tonsils, it was covered with rotting food. YEWWW! How gross is that. He has one more week of leave left and is starting to go stir crazy. He has already beating Super Mario Brothers Wii. What on earth am I going to do with him? I guess I can figure something out. I am just so happy with how well he is doing!

2 comments:

Red Charlotte said...

Glad Jake is doing okay, but you should warn people about upcoming gross pictures! Ewwwwwwwwww! Tell him to keep relaxing. He needs to heal completely. Doctor sister-in-law's orders.

Unknown said...

Wow. I'm glad he's doing so well! I have the snoring/large tonsils too. But I'm too chicken to have anything done about it!