Thursday, November 18, 2010

Love Letters

Let me just start out this post with how wonderful my mom is.  My mom is fantastic!  She is a wonderful and a fantastic grandmother.  Her life is all about her grand kids. ( Her kids too, but I really think she would take the grand kids over us kids any day!)  One of the many things that my mom is so wonderful about is sending cards in the mail.  It doesn't matter what holiday there is a card for each one of my kids in the mail box.  She does this for all seven of her grand kids, even the babies.  She doesn't send it all in one envelop, but one for each kid.  On days when I know the cards arrive in the mailbox this is what it looks like.



The kids usually run like a bat out of Hades to the mail box. Laughing the whole way, just imagine what kind of card will be waiting for them. 

Then there is usually a small fight over who gets to actually pull the cards out of the box.  Then comes my favorite part,
There faces...


 It is pure joy.

It is utter happiness.


 It is sheer bliss.
As you can tell my mom really loves to do this.  She covers them in stickers and writes long love messages on the inside.  You can tell that she really tries hard to pick out a special card for each one of them.  The kids will them play with these cards, sleep with these cards and take them everywhere.  I eventually have to steal them so I can put them in there book of remembrance. 
Thanks mom for sending all the love letters!
You are the best.


2 comments:

Red Charlotte said...

What a sweet post. It got me all teared up! Love my momma and my niece nephews!

Amandean said...

That's just awesome! I can't believe how big Phoebe is! I just keep picturing her when we came for her first birthday party. She grew!