Thursday, April 21, 2011

Flood!

 After living in Utah for ten years Living in Ohio has been such a great experience.  Especially to experience a Spring.  It rains all the time! I can't believe it.  I now know why people buy rain boots.  We have had some crazy weather.  On April 19th I was taking a nap.  Jake was playing with Warren.  I woke up to a doorbell and hearing a mans voice saying, "The water is an inch away from your back door."  That sure woke me up fast!  Jake and I immediately wanted to get photos of this.  And we were praying that the water didnt' rise anymore!  We really didn't want to deal with flood damage! Ugh, what a nightmare that would have been.
Between the two houses
The backyard.  Toys were starting to float away!!

It looks like a water park!

This water was the length of five houses

Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink!



Our street was a pond too!

Wish I had a canoe!

Good thing it is a Jeep

I just couldn't help myself.  I had to see how deep it was.  It got right blow my knees.  It was so freezing too.

He had the nerve to wear shorts.  It was ice water!

2 comments:

Amandean said...

Dang! I heard it had rained a lot in OH, but I didn't actually picture this! We never got anywhere near flooded, but we were at a higher elevation than much of the area around us.

Cherise said...

This is hilarious!!!!