Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Did you miss me?

We went to the school carnival last week. It was a lot of fun for most of us. Warren was NOT happy about it. In fact he was down right terrified of most of the rides. It was kinda' cute. (Now why the heck did it stop underlining everything?!) It was neat, even my mom went down a ride. The kids loved that she did it. They even got to experience cotton candy for the first time. Phoebe and Warren loved it. Kimball felt it and wanted nothing to do with it. How funny!

Mom going down the slide! How many kids can say that there grandma will go down gigantic shark slides with them!
I wish I could have really gotten her face when she was coming down, she was so scared and her eyes were as big as saucers!!
Enjoying the cotton candy
He liked this obstacle course for about five seconds.
This is were he felt the most comfortable.
This is my sisters graduation present. Before she went on her semester at sea I asked her what she wanted as a graduation present. The only condition was it had to be homemade. I was thinking a purse or an apron, but she told me that she has always wanted on of my rag time blankets. I was flattered. I had no clue that she liked them so much! I spent a lot of time (and money!) finding all the right flannel. The printed fabrics are Moda, Woodland Bloom. I loved it as soon as I saw it. I filled the rest of the blankets with solids. I have to say that love how it looks. I was really nervous about all the colors I put into it. But once it was together I fell in love! I really hope she likes it. I can't wait to see her face!
This was my second rag time. I made it for Jake one Christmas. I love that it is all patriotic. I was able to buy this one on a kit so I didn't have to hunt down all the right colors.
This one was the first. I made this in college. I was in a fabric shop one day and saw a quilt similar to this and a sign up sheet. I was love! I signed up right away. My mom had given me a sewing machine as a High School graduation present and I convenced my room mates to drive me all over the valley to fabric shops to find 18 different colors. When I got to the class I was the youngest member there, by about 15 years! The older ladies thought it was so cute that I was so happy to be making a quilt. What they didn't know at the time is had walked about a mile with my sewing machine, fabric and supplies! When they found out one of them offered me a ride home. I used that blanket for everything. When we would go to a move late at night I would wrap myself in the blanket. When I was kicked out the appartment for talking too late on the phone, I was covered up with it the dorm hallway. I am still very attached to it, but I don't use it as a coat anymore. It is way to hard with the kids!

These pillowcases are a gift from my mom for each one of her grandbabies. She got them around Christmas. She filled all of the Christmas presents in them. It was really cute and creative. Well, I took them all and embrodered the kids names on them. I thought it would be more fun and personal. My mom wants to start a tradtion of getting them back before Christmas and then refilling them with presents. I like it! And now they even have built in tags!! It is also a benifit so I can remember what kids has what pillow case!

Kimball loves to write and spell. He does it every chance he can. We go through paper like nobodies business! HE copies books word for word. He write what he wants to say to you, for example, I will often find papers that say, "NO Warren, Do not bug me!" He has recently found dominos. He loves to spell names and words with them. I am so facinated by this kid. I don't think I have ever seen a kid so in love with words!

Okay, that catches me up for now. We are heading to the Redwoods tomorrow. Next week I will have a lot more wonderful picturs to post!

4 comments:

The Anderson's said...

love your quilts, you rock Sariah!

Emily said...

yes, we missed you! How's your knee?

terica said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. Love it all! Have fun!

Red Charlotte said...

Have fun on your trip. I know you will love it! I love you!