Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Now we're talkin'

Here is the new dress I made today. I am really in love with it. After having the mess up with the dollar fabric I found my most expensive fabric and made a dress out of it. It is a pattern from alltimefashions.com I love the patterns. Jake bought me all of them for mothers day. This dress is from the 40's. Many of you know I love the WWII era. The dress was just a blast to make. Teaches me to use cheep fabric!

This is "the dress". I really liked the print. It is darling and I am really sad that it don't work out. I also used up all my baby Rick rack on it! Rats, looks like a run to the store tomorrow! You can't really see the screw up on it. I wanted to take a picture of how it was suppose to look. But looking at it, you can see the left side all the strings, it just fell apart. This angle you can see more of what I am talking about. How sad. After I finished the orange dress I found another cute fabric and started cutting out the dress again. I am going to do it in a red plaid print. I hope it turns out. I just have to get more of that rick rack.




Here is another shot of my lovely dress. I don't know why it is sideways. But it is.
I got my camera to work! Yeah!! My ankle is doing much better. For those of you how have been asking, I just twisted it. It was really swollen for a couple of days, but today the swelling is finally going down. So, I am not grumpy, my ankle don't hurt as bad, my camera is working (even though deep down I wish I could have a new one!) and I finished a doll dress today. I even had a mole removed from my back. It is a little annoying to have the stitches, but I am doing great and in good spirits!
Jake and Phoebe have strep throat. Jake had it really bad. The poor guy was really thrown for a loop. His fever got really high and he was sweating bullets. He was ordered to stay home for two days. It is kinda nice to have him here. It has helped me stay off my ankle... a little. I still have to nurse him. Phoebe is devastated to miss a day of her final week of Kindergarten. Tomorrow was bubble day. They were doing everything bubbles and then a fire truck is suppose to come and spray them. What a bummer to miss that. But the doc said she should be find after 24 hours and she wont miss her Kindergarten graduation! Thank goodness!

3 comments:

Red Charlotte said...

OMG, gorgeous!!

meg said...

WOW! All your pictures are amazing! That trip to the Redwoods looks like a blast and those rag time quilts are awesome! My favorite part is how Kimball writes "No Warren do not bug me!" What a kid! Thanks for keeping us updated. You are amazing.

Bethany said...

You never cease to amaze me. You are a TALENTED sewer.