Thursday, February 11, 2010

Babies on the brain!

I've been thinking a lot about babies. My brother and sister in law just welcomed in there second child Petra June on the 8th. Petra is something else! Let me tell you! She was born at 31 weeks. Her mother was so amazing through it all. Petra was born crying and healthy! She weighed in at 3 pounds 1 ounce and 16 inches long. So far she is still doing great, what a strong girl. I look forward to holding her one day. She is tiny, wrinkly and beautiful. I love you Petra!

My older sister, Charlotte, and her husband, Eric, are expecting their first baby this summer. I am so excited for Charlotte, she has waited so long for this. I feel like I can get my baby cravings out on her! LOL. We are still waiting to find out the sex of the baby, I have to say it is driving me a little batty. I have all these baby ideas I want to make for her but I need to know what colors to pick. I need to be patient, we will find out in the next few weeks. I have been able to make a few things for her and the baby. I have posted them below. Love you Charlotte! Glad you are feeling "better".

I love this stamp from Stamping Bella. I have to confess, I have ordered a few more from her that go along with the whole expecting a baby. I can't wait for them to arrive in the mail.


Did I mention that my sister and husband live on a sail boat? Yes, they really do, and they like it! I guess this baby is going to be stuck with a lot of pirate/nautical things. But that is okay, because my kids call Eric, Uncle Pirate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats cute. Do they know why she came so early? It makes me happy to hear she is doing well!!

Red Charlotte said...

I can't wait to find out the sex of the baby either! Don't you worry. We'll know soon enough. Hopefully in less that four weeks.