Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dolls for Haiti

Last month when the earthquake hit Haiti I got addicted to watching the coverage. After a time I became heartbroken. Heartbroken for the children. Their stories made me cry. I wanted to go and hug each one of them. I wanted to adopt them all. I knew neither was possible so I thought about what helped me when I was a little girl, get through tough times. It came pretty quick, a doll. I love dolls. They make me happy. So I gathered up enough supplies to be able to make 16 rag dolls. I enjoyed sitting and hand stitching each of their faces, and braiding their hair. I imagined little girls getting to cuddle and cry with their new dolls. It took me about a month to do, but I did it. I have officially finished all sixteen dolls. I am a little sad to seem them leave, but not too sad, I know they are on there way to well deserved homes. God Speed little dollies!












10 comments:

Paige said...

Sariah they are beautiful! What a great way to serve.

Anonymous said...

Lovely dolls made by such a lovely person. You are amazing, friend.

The Kelly Family said...

Those dolls are adorable Sariah!!! Way to go girl!

Red Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness, these will make many little girls so happy!

Anonymous said...

Those are So cute! I love the idea and they look so great!

Love, Nicole

terica said...

WOW! That is almost all I can say! They are awesome and beatiful! Just like you!!

meg said...

that's awesome Sariah! They are beautiful and I'm sure the love they were made with will go wherever they are.

Thanks for sharing.

You have such a good heart.

Love ya.

Bethany said...

Way to go, thats awesome! You are very generous.

Yates Family said...

You are so awesome! Great way to use your creativity to help those in need! I know those dolls with be much needed and appreciated!
GOOD WORK!

Unknown said...

Those are so adorable!!!