Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentines




 I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentines Day.  We celebrated by getting the flu.  Or as Kimball dubbed it, The Love Bug.  It was not very loving!  Kimball, Warren, Phoebe and I all got hit with it.  Thankfully I had the kids Valentines done.  I found this really cute idea on one of the blogs I read.  I though it was perfect.  I used my cricut to cut out the hearts.  I bought Hershey Nuggets and wrapped them with cute paper.  I then had the kids put there thumb prints on all of them.  I liked drawing the cute little faces on them.
 Warren even made some.  He is getting really tired of not having class parties, like his brother and sister does.  So we made him a couple to give to his friends next door.  He even wrote his name on each one!  How cute is that. 
 I am having such a hard time with him growing up.  I want him as my baby forever!!  Well... I wouldn't mind if he would FINALLY get potty trained.  He sure is taking his dear sweet time on that. 

 I made a totally of 35. 
 A few days before we all got sick (meaning the weekend before Valentines)  We made a whole bunch of treats to pass out to friends.  It was a lot of fun.  We melted chocolate and dipped regular and strawberry flavored marshmallows in them.  We topped them with candy hearts. 

 I found these darling mini cup cake papers that had "sweet"  written on the bottom.  The were the perfect size for marshmallows. 
 Don't the look cute?  I really can't stand marshmallows, but the kids loved them.  The strawberry ones were there favorite. 
 We also dipped Oreo's in the chocolate and then covered them with different sprinkles. 
 And of course we had Sugar cookies.  Kimball was sick at the point so Jake, Phoebe, Warren and I did this part.  I think you all can see the three red frosted cookies with the piles of purple sprinkles.  Those were Warren's works of art.  Lick marks included. 

We then loaded them up on plates ( don't worry, we didn't give out Warrens licked ones) and passed them out to friends.  It was a lot of fun.  I hope to start this as a tradition for Valentines day.  We have one other Valentines tradition that we missed this year. On Valentines Eve Jake and I will make home made Valentines for each other and the kids.  We have to sit in the same room and NOT look at what the other is doing till they are all done.  I was way to sick with fever and chills to do this.  We hope to do it this weekend.    Jake did bring me roses with a little card.  That really made me feel better.  I though you all would like to read what he wrote me.  He is so an engineer!  To all of my other engineer wives out there, please enjoy!  Happy Valentines Day!
Sariah,
My brain in dead,
The test is through
I'm glad this test is over,
Because I can't wait to see you.
I LOVE YOU,
Jake. 

Didn't I marry the best man ever????

1 comment:

Cherise said...

I love these! And Jake is pretty awesome! Tell Warren his cookies are fabulous and that I love everyone! :) Miss you!!!