Sunday, January 20, 2013

AWOL

I am suppose to be updating this regularly right? You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to sit down and post some photos so my honey can know we are surviving without him right? Well, no. It is not. I really would like to find were it is written that when the husband is away anything and everything can and will go wrong. Because it never fails in this house. Jake tries very hard hard to do as much as he can before he has to leave to get things done to make life easier on me. It never fails, something always goes wrong. In the past ten days from my last blog I have had a major battle with the insurance company, twice no less, the TV has had issues, the internet has crapped out on me, kids have been completely batty, kids have gotten sick, bullied at school and tons of doctors appointment. I have cried too many times to count. I have yelled, stomped my foot and just sat catatonic on the couch. These past ten days have been very much a I-don't-get-paid-enough kind of days. Heck I have even sawed a bullet in half to make my sons pinewood derby car the right weight! Never thought I would have that one my list. Tonight has been the biggest kicker, the washer broke. It was acting weird for the past couple of days but tonight it gave and error message and then it wouldn't drain. I had to manually do it which was wet and messy. I know that I sound like a brat and before anyone says to me, "well, you did sign up for this" just know I am tired and sore. I just need a good night sleep. My granddaddy always said, "Everything's wonderful and it's gonna get better!" I am trying to remember that. Everything truly is wonderful. I have a fantastic husband who is doing all he can to support and strengthen me while he is so far away. I have three wonderful children that fill my life with love and I even have a mother here helping through all this crap. I see blessing all around me and I am so thankful. I just need to see the light at the end of the tunnel. So I am going to try to sleep through the night without having to wake up to take more pain meds and enjoy my Sabbath Day. If I actually get to attend church that will be fantastic. IF not I am not going to let it get me down. I will make the best of it. I will put a smile on my face and get ready for the next round of What-the-else-will-break game. Pictures to come!

No comments: