Monday, January 21, 2013

How about some photos!

So I am a little hopped up on drugs right now so what better thing to do then post some photos!!! As promised. Kimball and Phoebe both had class projects due the same day. Kimball got to do a report on the Baobab Tree. It is the tree that Raffki lives in, in the movie Lion King and it is the tree that the animals in Madagascar use a launch pad to fly the plane in the second movie. It is a very famous tree. The night before the presentation he informed me that he need a costume to wear. Oh the surprises of motherhood. I was able to whip this puppy up pretty fast. (It is held together with staples) He loved it and that is all that matters. He did an excellent job presenting all of his facts and look so darling with his make shift tree outfit. I am so proud of him! I love how the school that the children are going to have them do oral presentations regularly. I think it is a great skill to learn at a young age and my kids are blossoming because of it!
Phoebes project was on the Rain forest. She got to work on her diarama over Christmas break. Lucky for this little girl she has an amazing Aunt that is amazing with fimo clay. They set off to work and made a fantastic bio dome.
Here is an up close shot
You put those two Phoebes together and you get amazingness! My little Phoebe did a great job at presenting her Rain Forest project.
She also surprised me with the fact that she has to have a poster board with the bio dome, the night before it was due! So another one of those treasuered motherhood moments, staying up late to get it done. I let her know that the next time she forgets when she has had three weeks to get it done, I will not stress out and help her but let her get a poor grade. I think that really set in. When she got her next project assignment she brought me everything that night and we started planning it out. Wise girl! Not to leave Warren out, he too got to do an oral presentation a month ago. First graders do not do as many oral presentations as the older kids, but he loved doing his. He had to do his on a leader of another country. He happily picked Coasta Rica, because that is were his daddy served his mission .
My kids are so amazing! Love being there mother, even though some day I was to pull my hair out. I couldn't have asked for better ones!

2 comments:

Red Charlotte said...

Yay!! Cora loves seeing pictures of Phoebe, Kimball, and Warren, her "my friends!!!"

And wise mom to tell Phoebe she will get a bad grade next time if she doesn't plan ahead. I bet she never lets that slip again!!!

Sarah said...

Your kids are adorable! I don't even recognize Warren--it's been so long! We miss you guys!