Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I made it through a birthday with out the love of my life. It wasn't the best birthday but it wasn't the worst. I would have to say it didn't make the top five birthdays in my life. I got to wake up to my kids fighting, then heading out the door I got blasted with freezing weather and more fighting kids. When I got home I got to plunge a toilet that the fight children left me. I then got to spend a hour on the phone making diffident doctor appointments. After that I had had enough I took a long deserved nap. I felt a lot better till the kids came home. Then I was told about the last minute projects that the kids had plenty of time to tell me but think that waiting till the night before is okay. Kimball needed a Boba Tree costume to wear for his presentation tomorrow. This is a no sew thrown together costume. He is happy and that is the best and most important part! Phoebe had to make a poster board about the Amazon Rain Forest. Also we had to do a family tree. Arhhhhhg! I got firm with the kids and told them that the next time they will get a bad grade. I am not putting myself through this again! Anyways, back to me. Because it is my birthday I am posting some random or unknown facts about me. 1. I was born in my mother’s bed, in a collage dorm/apartment. I also made the front page of the newspaper! This was no accident. My mother planned on having a home birth. My father was going to school at the time and I was the first baby ever born on the MTSU campus. I would think that they would name a building after me, but no, just an article. 2. I have lived in 17 different houses. Yep, crazy I know but if you add in the fact that I grew up a child of the military and now I have married the military it doesn’t seem that far off. 3. I am terrified of walking next to storm drains. I will walk out of my way to avoid them. If I absolutely have to I get goose bumps. I guess this is what I get for sneaking to watch IT when I was a kid. Beep, beep Richie! 4. I have walked to school in -50 below weather. Fairbanks, Alaska is one cold place to live and they don’t just cancel school for silly things like that. I have also seen a boiling cup of water thrown in the air and see it crackle and disappear. 5. My first memory I have is of me crawling. My mom says that it is when I was less then a year old. I have had a therapist tell me that having a memory that young is very rare. The memory is of me crawling towards my two older siblings who where playing with paper dolls. I remember them yelling for my mom to come stop me from messing it all up. I then remember my mom picking me up and putting me in a play pen. 6. I have had many different pets, including: a ring neck dove, fish, lobster, dogs, cats, chickens, goats, and hamsters. By far my current dog, Flower, a mini Dachshund is my favorite. 7. I have had a bear on the school playground at the same time I was on the play ground. Would you be shocked if I tell you that some kids chased it up a tree? Oh the joys of a childhood in Alaska! 8. I had three children in less then three years. Yep that is right. My oldest child was two months shy of being three when my baby was born. That also ment for a few months I had three kids in diapers. Not fun at all! 9. I have sewn my finger with my sewing machine. This is one of those great collage stories. I was teach a roommate how to sew. She asked me if it was possible to sew your finger, which I replied, yes, but it is so not likely. Right at that moment I sewed my finger. I had to go to the ER to have it removed. 10. I have broken 15 different bones in my body. Don’t freak out too much, ten of those have been all of my toes. My wrist twice, a thumb and a pinkie, also I broke part of my back too. I think I am going to go take a calcium pill right now, while I am thinking of it. 11. I was on the Good Morning American Show when I was in sixth grade. I was playing the Choir Chimes and my music teacher sent in a video of our group playing “Oh What A Beautiful Morning”. They actually aired it! 12. I use to play the drums. Nothing like a rock start, just in an Elementary school band. I chose that instrument because I didn’t have to learn to read music. 13. I still get scared at thunder and lighting storms. 14. I have never been to either Disney land or Disney World. This is one of the biggest injusticetess of my life. My childhood is not complete. I am determined to go, and when I do, I am going to buy some Mickey ears, ride the Dumbo ride, and hunt down Princess Belle to get my picture taken. 15. I have been chased by a drunk down the main street in Salt Lake City. I will always be thankful for that family in the suburban that pulled over and let me jump in. Who knows what would have happened. 16. I have been an extra in a movie. Oh the joys of things you can do in college. I have to admit. It was really quite boring. 17. The first time I played Risk I beat Jake! Anyone who knows my husband will know what a triumph this is. I also think he let me win because he was dating me at the time. 18. I still sometimes run and jump into bed so no monster will grab me. This all goes back to the fact that I have three brothers. 19. They highest my blood pressure has very been in 210/190, and right after that I was immediately induce to give birth. 20. If I could get any plastic surgery I wanted I would get my feet to shrink to a size 6. I don’t know why but I have always thought that size six feet are the best size in the world. 21. I have had a man stand outside my window with a black hoodie, and holding and ax. Luckily it was my sister’s friend just playing a prank on me. To this day I have a hard time looking out a window at night. One day I will get her back, if it is the last thing I do! 22. I love to have my toe nails painted but can’t stand to have my finger nails painted. I also can’t stand to have long finger nails. I have no clue as to were this craziness comes from. 23. I won a pie eating contest in high school. I then threw up afterwards. But my team won!!! 24. I have never been tardy to a class in my life. I know I am such a nerd. 25. I love American girl dolls more then most young girls. I own a few of them myself. I always wanted one as a child but never got one. Now I am an adult and can do what ever I like. I am also building a doll house to go with my dolls. It is going to be epic! 26. I have a dream of owning a self sustaining farm. I have no clue as to how to run a farm but it sure is a nice dream. 27. I have had five surgeries in my life. I sure hope I don’t have to have any more. 28. I didn’t have to start wearing glasses until after my third pregnancy. Darn you pregnancy changes! 29. I hate flossing my teething. The feeling of it drives me nuts! This Christmas Santa gave me a water flosser. I love it! Now my dentist will be happy with me. 30. I hate roller coasters. I get motion sick so very easy and to me going in a roller coaster is just an opportunity for me to the person in the picture vomiting on someone. Not going to happen! 31. Finally, my left leg is completely numb as I have sat here writing this. Guess it is time for me to get some pain meds and lay down! Happy Birthday to me!

6 comments:

Paige said...

Happy Birthday, Sariah!! My, what fascinating stories you have!!

Anonymous said...

That was so fun to read! Great post.
Tashina

BECKY said...

fun!
happy bday!

The Kelly Family said...

Happy Birthday sweet Sariah!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting. I like the stories too.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting. I like the stories too.