Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A day in Kindergarten

I think I have found the solution to cure the down in the dumps days. Sense Sunday I actually have had horrible days. As small misunderstanding turned into a HUGE drama fest and I was so lucky to be the one that was misunderstood. It has all turn out alright now, but it doesn't mean feelings weren't hurt but forgiveness has happened and growth too. I was still feeling pretty down in the dumps. My mom liked to say, "It feels like you have been kicked by a mule and stomped on by a buffalo." Yes, I would have to agree. Lucky for me, I got to be one of the classroom moms today, in Phoebes class. I had so much fun! If you are ever feeling down in the dumps go volunteer in a Kindergarten class! What a special place that is!! I got to help at the reading center. The kid read "Goodnight Moon" and then color a page that was who they said goodnight too. I loved getting on the floor and helping them spell there names and describe there picture. Each child is so unique and had something darling to say. I also got to help with two special needs children. One hugged me at the end and said he wanted to go home with me. Another one wanted to sit right by me and gave me huge smiles and a great big hug. I loved that I could observe Phoebe in her classroom. It is like a glimpse into her personal world that I don't always get to be a part of. She would just smile at me from across the room. It made me feel on cloud nine! None of these kids judged me on false things, none of them cared about my past, just as long as I made the wet wipe "eat" all the yellow paint off there hands. These children are so innocent and full of love. It just oozes out of them. They are so excited about the littlest things. I really was sad to go but I had my boys waiting for me. (Thanks Emily!!) I sure missed them, but I am so thrilled that get to do this every other week or so. What a spiritual, up lifting place!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great experience! I just spent the last 3 1/2 hours fighting with my 2 year old about taking her nap, until she finally fell asleep, exhausted, in my arms. Thanks for reminding me to remember how special these little kids are. It makes the bad days worth it.

Red Charlotte said...

Oh no! Was the disagreement me? About the wedding? Oh I feel like a heel. I hope not. I'm sorry my beautiful sister. I love you so much.

Red Charlotte said...

PS - The new pic on your blog is so precious.

I wish you lived in San Diego, I'd have you come volunteer in my 9th grade classroom....now THAT would be a lot different than kindergarten! LOL