Thursday, January 28, 2010

Potty Party!!

I have the best news ever!! Are you ready for this? My son, Kimball, has finally pooped in the potty for the first time ever! Isn't is grand? We have been working with him for years, but due to his sensory issues it has been very hard! For the past few days I have noticed that on his own he has gone in the bathroom and sat on the potty to try. I knew we were getting close and today it finally happened! We were all playing Lego's in the living room when I noticed he was no were near by. I immediately though that he had gone and hid because he had pooped in his underwear but he called from the bathroom, "Mom, the poops got in the toilet!" I leaped up screaming! I was so ecstatic! We all danced around the house and then I loaded the kids in the car and we went to go buy the much wanted new Backyardigians DVD and some cookies. I then let them have a picnic dinner in the living room while watching the new movie. He has been able to call his dad, his Bella, and his teacher. Also two of his aunts. What a great day. I know that we still may have a few accidents but I know this is it! This is the end of pull ups and messed underwear! It is finally happening! Hurray for Kimball!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations!!! That is great news. Give him a hug from me. I have felt so bad for him on this issue, especially now that he is in school. What a great kid.

Amy said...

Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog. What exciting news for you guys! How's Phoebe doing?

meg said...

rock on... what a party!

I am trying to think of some kind of joke about *crappy* news... but I'm too tired. I'll leave it up to your imagination.

Love ya guys.

Sariah English said...

Amy, I am thrilled you are following my hum drum life! I've heard so much about you. Thanks for the comment.

Bethany said...

HOORAYYYYY!!!!