Sunday, November 23, 2008

Second Day in San Diego

The second day we were in San Diego the kids woke up with some sorta of Pink eye stuff. It wasn't classic pink eye, but it was in the same family. Phoebe was also having symptoms of an ear infections! Oh boy. My sister in law always told me that kids always get sick on vacations, but this? Man we were getting hit hard! Charlotte and I had manicure and pedicures scheduled for that morning and we had to get started on the wedding cake. So my wonderful husband and mother took all three kids to the emergency room in San Diego while I got pampered and then made a cake. Part of me felt bad, I know that isn't what anyone wants to do on vacations. I know they were both tired from being up all night with sick kids, but I sure enjoyed having a day kid free! And my toes looked great. After we got primped I was dropped off at my oldest brother, Rich's house. He does catering so he had everything I needed. I spent the next seven hours baking and icing the wedding cake.



Rich left home when I was six years old, and up until now we had never gotten to know each other. It was such a great experience to get to know him and find out a lot of things we have in common. He was my side kick in making the cake. Thanks Rich for the help. After it was done it was back to the hotel too see my kiddos for the first time all day. We got them to bed and then started to pack for the early morning departure to Catalina Island!

3 comments:

Red Charlotte said...

You are so incredible. I still can't believe everything you did with your kids, your husband, mom, me and the family while you were out here.

I love you!

The Anderson's said...

It looks like you all had SO much fun! How did the cake turn out?

terica said...

Sariah! I am dying to see this cake and all the other festivities on your trip! Happy to see you had a fun time even with a few road bumps!