Thursday, February 12, 2009

Where to start?


I have been making myself work really hard on my "To Do" list. I didn't allow myself too active in my crafting till I got this huge list of things done. Some of it was fun and other was work. I am happy to say I have finished it all.

I think the biggest thing on my list was to pack up my craft room and get ready for Christy and Kensie. For those of you that don't know, my best friend and her one year old daughter are coming to stay with us for about two months while they are in moving transit. I am thrilled to have them come. She is such a wonderful friend and I can't wait to spend time with little Kensie. But, with them coming means I had to tackle my craft room. I love that room and I loved filling it up with lots of stuff. I have spent hours going through things and packing things up. I have not packed it all up! I don't think I could survive if I did. I have moved my sewing and scrapbooking into my bedroom. It is all moved and I would post a picture but I don't have it set up all pretty yet, so when that gets done, I will. Give me a little more time!

Earlier this month we taught the kids how to grind wheat and make Bella's famous whole wheat bread. Jake had them hand grind it. They had so much fun! It was a great family experience. I hope to do it more with them.

This is the Bosch that my mom bought the year I was born! She used it till she gave it to me. It still works like a champ. I think I should become the poster girl for Bosch.

These two pictures of the kids crack me up. I love the silly faces and the aprons just make it better. You really can't see Jake or I, but we two were wearing aprons!

Phoebe got to go to her best friends birthday party. It was all princess' themed. Everyone was suppose to dress up like a princess. Phoebe borrowed our neighbors Sleeping Beauty outfit. She looked so darling!

Phoebe's best friend also has an American Girl Doll. Oh do they love those dolls! Phoebe asked me to make her friend an outfit that matched on of her doll outfits. Also she wanted them to have friendship quilts. I thought it sounded like a blast to do. I even had Phoebe lay out the quilt pattern. I have to say am quite shocked with how well she did! The apple does not fall from the tree when it come to fabric and this girl!

The top blanket is the one Phoebe wanted to keep. This bottom one is one that Jake helped with it. That one went to her friend.


I made the same dress that I made for Phoebe but I just used purple fabric instead of blue. The girl was thrilled!

Phoebe has also stared learning how to tie shoes. She just sat down one day (with my shoes) and said, "Mommy, teach me." Okay, so we worked on it and she has got it down! We still have to refine her skills but she is on her way!

Jake loves to play the piano. The kids love to play with him!


We have been reading like crazy! Phoebe is wanting to read everything she can get her hands on! We have to take books away that she reading for HOURS after bedtime. She'd stay up all night if we'd let her. Kimball is really improving at his reading. He studies books and words. He also likes to copy books word for word. Warren just likes having anyone read to him. Especially if it is his sister. He adores her!

I finished Phoebe's class Valentines! I made them simple. But they are cute!



I have just about posted everything. I am going to hit the sack! Enjoy a glimpse in my life!

4 comments:

Ginny Richman said...

Thanks for keeping in touch. I still need to work here for several more years so when you're down in Provo, come see me! Loved the pictures of the kids!

Col Jacobs retiring this summer & Col Brent Johnson is coming from Alaska to be the CC.

my email is ginny_richman@byu.edu. What is yours?

meg said...

Whoa - supermomma! I'm sorry to hear your therapy was not as breezy as mine. As for 2nd & 3rd grade books: I think that was the age I was reading Ramona books by Beverly Cleary, Boxcar children books, and Jason thinks he was reading Encyclopedia Brown books. I will try to think of more or use my teacherly powers to find some sites you can look at! Feel better!

Red Charlotte said...

My goodness you are a busy momma! How do you do it? You are making such wonderful memories for your kids!

Unknown said...

the doll dress and those quilts are increadible!!