Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Halloween!


I know it is a little early but today my good friend started helping me make Phoebes Halloween costume. As you can tell she is going to be Dorothy, from the Wizard of Oz. Alyssa really helped me a ton! I had never sewn a pattern this detailed before. She is a great teacher. Except when she hit me with the ruler. Just kidding. She didn't do that, I just thought it would be funny to add in. But we worked for hours and this is what has become of it. It is not quite done. I still have to do the collar, which I tired, messed up, cried and put it way for the night. I will beg Alyssa to help me a little more. I also have to put the zipper and hook and eyes in. The the I have to add buttons and do the hem. The hem makes me nervouse. There might be more tears involved. I really need to keep Alyssa around, she makes life so much easier. If I didn't have her all I would be left with is the 1970's edition of the complete guide to sewing. I will post a finished picture as soon as I finish the thing. Then I get to start doing the cowdery lion (Warren) the scarecrow (Kimball) the tin man (Jake) the wicked witch (mom) and Glenda (me). How many more days till Halloween???

2 comments:

Red Charlotte said...

Oh my gosh, you are so talented! Whenever I tell people about my sister in Utah I say, "she can do anything!"

The Kelly Family said...

That dress is adorable!!!!!