Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's clicked.

Reading. Reading has finally clicked for Phoebe. She is now to the point that she can open up books and start reading and comprehending everything. She shocked me today while I was a friends house. She came up to me and told me that Green Eggs and Ham is a very funny book. I asked when she heard the story and she told that she had just read it and Fox in Socks. She then told me about both stories. Holy Cow! She will turn five in 10 days. She is on fire with reading. I love seeing the excitement in her eyes. Good thing school is starting so soon, and the public library is so close!!

2 comments:

Red Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness. This is so wonderful and exciting. Reading was my ticket to the world. I have to admit though, when I saw the title of this blog, I was hoping that you were talking about Kimball and potty training!

Evelyn said...

Yeah! Thats so exciting. Before you know she'll be taking over the world. I miss you and your kiddos. I'm sad I'm going to miss another year of birthday parties. I can't believe she'll be 5. I remember when she was just a little tiny baby keeping you up all night.