Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm goin' under!

And I don't mean, Australia! I met with my new surgeon today. He was great. He reviewed and did A LOT of tests. It hurt a lot! But, in the end he said that we can't look at this injury as something that happened back in January, but as something that happened when I fell down those stairs two years ago. He thinks that I have a shelf of scare tissue built up in my knee joint. So, on April 9th I am going to have an exploratory surgery done and fix whatever they find in there. In ways I am relieved and in ways I am a little stressed. It is the Thursday before Easter. That means I have to be extra ready with our Easter preps AND the big kicker is Jake is going to be out of town for it! My mom was able to get Thursday and Friday off of work. She will be taking care of things till Sunday, when Jake gets home. The doctor doesn't think I will be down for that long. He said, Thursday and Friday are going to be the worst of the recovery. Oh boy! I am trying to make a list of all the things I am going to have to have done before the surgery. I know it will be stressful on my mom to be taking care of all the kids. (Phoebe will even be on Spring Break that week, so no break there! (At least for us adults) When I told the kids about what was going to happen to me, Kimball burst into tears and said he didn't want the doctors to "cut and pinch" me. How darling he is. He is always so sensitive to me. He does not like it when I am hurt. I love that boy to pieces! Phoebe was concerned and quite. I am going to try to talk to her later about it, to make sure she is okay with everything. Warren was asking if he could have one too. Oh if he only knew! What a hoot.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Keep us posted. Hope everything goes well!

meg said...

Love the title and the kid's reactions. Look at the bright side: an excuse to have some time to lay around and be catered to! Sounds pretty good to me (pain schmaine!) Teehee. Hope everything goes well and you get everything done that you need. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I really hope things are going great! and I love your kiddies personalities!! how funny!!

Red Charlotte said...

That little Warren cracks me up!