Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Eight days till I go in for surgery. I feel like I am not ready. Emotionally I am. It is just all the prep work I have to do. Sense Jake will be out of town and my mother will be taking charge, I feel like I have to have as much prepared as possible. I know my kids can be very demanding and intense. I just want everything to run smoothly.
Yesterday the boys and I dropped Phoebe off at school about eight-thirty on the morning. We did not make it home till two in the afternoon. We ran so many errands, which included: the post office, the gas station, the grocery store, Jiffy Lube, Costco, the fabric store, and the finally, Wal-Mart. Oh, I was so exhausting, but I got my list done! My knee was so swollen that my toes were getting tingly. I know I probably shouldn’t have pushed myself so hard, but I figured, I am having surgery, so why not!
What was really amazing about running all those errands was how well Kimball handled it! Usually two stores and he is done! He will melt down or run away from my in the store. His OT suggested giving him a sucker while we are out. SID kids find sucking things in there mouth very soothing. A sucker is a perfect solution! They get the sucking motion and they also focus on the sucker and not the things going on around them! It really works. He calmed down when he was getting to stressed out. What a blessing to find out about that trick. I did promise the boys to stay home today. I think they are very happy about that. I am okay with having a more low key kind of day. Well, they get to have a low key kind of a day. I get to make freezer dinners and a huge list of things I need to get done before next Thursday. Here is some of the list:
Pre-pare meals DONE
Clean up kids rooms
Wash kids bedding
Finish Apron
Make Becca Purse DONE
Hem pants DONE
Finish stuffed fish DONE
Purchase Easter gifts DONE
Put together Easter baskets DONE
Get a substitute of Young Women’s DONE
Price out Wedding Cake supplies DONE
Get a few things done with insurance company DONE
Get a power of Attorney for mom DONE
Clean up my bed room DONE
Okay, I think that is about all I can think of for now. Not like that is enough! Eight days!

5 comments:

The Anderson's said...

Sariah you are amazing! It was great to chat with you yesterday! I am thinking of you and your surgery, hopefully they will get it all taken care of!

Emily said...

Wow, good luck with your list. I don't think I could do all of that in 8 months!

Yates Family said...

I had that exact surgery my Junior year in high school....in the middle of basketball season...I was back playing ball in a week or so. Please call if you want to talk about it! love ya!

Red Charlotte said...

It's all about the lists. I wouldn't survive without them!

Bethany said...

Good luck on getting your list done, as stress free as possible! I'm sending calming thoughts your way.