Tuesday, December 30, 2008

FOUR EYES!


How many times did you call that to someone growing up? Or how many times did you get called that? Well, to celebrate me coming into my 27th year of life, and a little early Christmas present I found out on the 23rd that I needed glasses! I could have screamed, "You've got to be kidding me?!" I had been having horrible head aches right behind my eyes for weeks then I started to notice that my vision wasn't as clear. It wasn't bad, things just looked soft around the edges and I found myself squinting at things or pulling a book closer to my face. I had my first ever eye exam and was told I needed glasses. I am not that bad, but he really thinks the headaches are from eye strain. So I ordered my glasses and today, a week later they are here. I have to tell you, so far I have not had a headache. Which is a huge blessing. I am a little nervous about how a look. Jake told me that he always wanted to kiss a girl with glasses. Why couldn't he have wished for a wife that never gained weight?! I am pretty happy that I am able to spend time on the computer again, and read! I got about five or six books for Christmas and I want to dive in! Now, with the right eyeballs, I can! I can also get back to sewing, and scrapbooking. I feel like my life has been on hold till I got these suckers. Every time I read, watched TV too long, or did things were I had to concentrate I got a headache. Now, with the glasses, I don't have that! Yee Haw!! Time to play!



Just from having these glasses on for half a day I understand Jake so much better. I notice things like, smudges, and finger prints on TV screens and Computer screens a whole lot more. I always though he was just a little OCD in that department. I find I am a really careful not to get finger print on the glasses. I thought it would be no big deal, but it is. I have three kids that are learning that mommy now has glasses all the time. I will have to get Jake to take a picture of me when he gets home so you can all have a good laugh!




Sincerely ,

Four Eyes... I mean, Sariah

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

I want a picture! Congratulations on your improved vision and your vanished headaches. I can't wait to see them!

The Anderson's said...

You are funny, I love the pictures! Now we need a REAL one!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club! Congrats!! LOL!!
You probably look so cute!! :)

Bethany said...

I want to see a picture too!! I bet you look wonderful. Harrison loves my glasses. There are always smudges and smears. I don't even notice them until I take my glasses off or unless I actually focus on the lenses.