Friday, December 12, 2008

NO UTERUS ALLOWED!

Today marks my two year "hysterversary" Or in other words, two years ago I had my hysterectomy at age 24. I think I have come a long way from the time the doctor told me that the only way I was going to be better was to have a hysterectomy till now. There were times, before and after the surgery that I would be curled up in the fetal position bawling. Now, I am able to make uterus jokes. Do I miss it? Yes and know. I don't think many women would miss bleeding and cramps. I sure don't. But I do miss being able to be pregnant. I miss that connection with the baby and Heavenly Father. I really wish that I could have a baby right now,but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I did the right thing. It took my six weeks to finally say yes. I wouldn't turn back. I love that I am no long sick from an unhealthy uterus.
I don't know how many of you have every lost and organ, (tonsils don't count). It is a strange feeling. You can tell something is missing. You have a pain INSIDE of you that you can't touch. It gets really hard when you start the itching/healing feeling, because there is nothing you can do. Is is bearable, for the most part. I don't feel like I am hollow or anything now. I like that I don't have to plan to bring pads or tampons. But on the other hand I have quite a few guest stay at my house and have a little emergency and I have nothing to offer them. I have even run over to my neighbors house to ask to borrow some supplies. You should have seen her face. It was priceless! Okay, enough of this subject, I just wanted to wish myself
HAPPY TWO YEAR HYSTERVERSARY!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats on making it two years!! And my face was wondering if you had gone crazy and forgotten you didn't need any products or what!! I'm glad it was just for a friend.

Bethany said...

Happy "hysterversary"!! Did you make a cake in the shape of a uterus? Ha ha.