Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More Doll Clothes!

I have been busy making more doll clothes for Phoebes doll. It really is so addicting and fun! You can get so much done in one night. The first picture is of a pair of pantaloons and a "Bum Roll". Really, that is what the pattern calls it. It is stuffed like a pillow and it ties around the waist. It puffs out the dress at the hips and bum. It really does make a difference. Phoebe thinks it is more for padding the butt when her doll falls!
This is her nightgown. It was a booger to make. Just because of the yoke around the neck. I am glad I am doing all these doll clothes because when I do regular size clothes I have a clue as to what I am doing. This night gown is made out of an old white sheet. I felt pretty cool recycling like that! Good me!

This dress is probably my favorite. I love the colors, patterns and just how it looks together. Phoebe calls this a tea lesson dress. I think it will work. She has the bum roll on underneath. It does give it that colonial look. I think the hat is cute too!


Okay, this one. I just finished it last night. I am not a fan of sewing silky material! Not fun at all. It moves and doesn't cut how I want. I had to do a lot of corrections. It took me forever and I was about ready to throw it away, but I finally got it to the point I like it. The more I look at it the more I am getting attached. A little side note on recycled fabric. This dress is actually cute from an old nightly that does not fit my anymore! It was the first one I ever wore, so it has a little sentiment behind, this is a great way to reuse it. Don't worry I have not told Phoebe were I got the fabric, I just don't think that would be to great. In fact it is sorta' weird. I will probably tell her when she is much older. MUCH OLDER. Jake and I laugh to ourselves whenever we see it.
I have to put doll clothes aside for a few days. There are other projects that have deadlines. I need to sew 15 personal progress books and embroider the young women's names on the front. Kimball's blanket fabric arrived today and I need to make that a priority. I also need to cut out a lot of stuff for Phoebe's class. So I need to get down to business and stop the playing... for now!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so funny! and i think the dresses are great! you have so much talent, everything you do works out so nice!

Evelyn said...

Love how the silk dress turned out. You realize you get to do this some more when Kensington is old enough to play with dolls?

Bethany said...

Those are amazing. Love the story behind the blue dress. Too funny. Good luck with all of your projects!

meg said...

Wow - WHEN do you do all this??? That is amazing - you could sell those and make a killing! But yes... definitely don't tell your customers you make them from lingerie and bedsheets. Unless you sell them at the Blue Boutique or something. Thanks for that story. I wish I could fast forward to the future and see Phoebe's mortified look when you tell her...