Tuesday, January 27, 2009

GOOD NEWS!

I went to my doctor yesterday. It was painful. He had to jerk my knee around to do tests. I just about cried, but between the tests ands looking at the MRI we was able to tell me that I do not need surgery!! Yippiee!! I am thrilled. I do have muscle damage. It is an injury that put professional athletes out for six months to a year. He doesn't think it will take that long to recover but it is going to take a while with a lot of physical therapy. I can handle that! Now I am just waiting for the referral to see the physical therapist. I am still limping around, but I don't have to be cut open!! What great news!

8 comments:

The Kelly Family said...

Yay that's so great!We'll except that your in pain!

terica said...

Great news! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Evelyn said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you don't have to get cut open. I can help you with the physical therapy when I come. It'll be fun to be mean to someone!

Anonymous said...

That is great news! I'm still sad you will have a lot of healing to do but no surgery is nice!

Emily said...

that is great news!! congratulations. good luck with your physical therapy, and remember your kids can always come over!

Bethany said...

Hoooooooooooray! No knife.

Anonymous said...

Comments are like sugar!! I look forward to you leaving them all the time!! You are usually the only one!! Thanks for reading what I post or even just checking in!! Thanks Love Ya!

meg said...

ooh ooh Physical therapy! I had to have that on my ankle once. It involved soaking it in a hot tub (not bad at all) and playing on one of those fun half-ball-with-a-platform. I think massage may have been in there somewhere too. Happy therapy-ing!