Thursday, January 22, 2009

The new buggy buggy!

As many of you know Kimball loves his baby blanket. Also know as, Buggy Buggy. He loves this blanket with is whole heart. It is also his safety blanket. With his SID he uses his buggy buggy to cope and adjust to new situations. He carries all over the place. To him buggy buggy is a member of the family. Well, with all baby blankets, they start to wear out after a while. I started searching for some identical fabric to make him a new one. It was a lot harder than I thought. I found ONE store on the entire Internet that sold it. Jake and I finally paid the ridiculous price for it. Kimball needs this blanket. So I ordered four yard of fabric. That should get us through a few more years! Here are some pictures of the old and new buggy buggy!


This is a picture of Kimball wrapped up in four yards of buggy buggy fabric. I know he doesn't look happy but he was thrilled!
This is Jake holding the shreds of what is left of the original buggy buggy. It is beyond sewing.
This is the old and new. I laid the old one on the new one to show how much is missing from the original. Look at the color difference! Wow! So well loved.

Here is the new buggy buggy. He loves it. He calls it his warm buggy buggy. His old buggy buggy is called his called his cold buggy buggy. He now carries BOTH around!! I will take that. I think I might take some of the scraps of fabric and make a little draw string buggy buggy bag for him to carry his shreds around in. We'll have to see about that.

That is one more thing checked off my to do list. What is next!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Holy Cow! I didn't imagine it was that torn up. My boys don't really have anything they love. Luke does have to have some cars with him at night. They must get it from me, I don't have any super favorites either. I think it would be cute if they had a favorite blanket or stuffed animal they carried around though.

meg said...

You are such an angel mama... your kids are SO blessed to get you for their mom! Thanks for sharing.