Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009


Happy New Year! Jake and I stayed up till midnight (and our extra second!) to watch the ball drop. How exciting to have another year to spend with my family. Jake and I talked about what all we did in 2008 and what we are looking forward to in 2009. This year I have made up my mind about not over whelming myself with tons of new year resolutions. I usually make up a whole page of things that cover every part of my life. This year I am not going to do that. I usually forget half the list anyways. So, this is my list. I have three things.
1. Send out birthday cards to all family members. (Between Jake and I's family, there is 50 members! ) I am already a little behind on this resolution, because my sisters birthday is TOMORROW! So, Phoebe, you are going to get a card, it is just going to be a little late, sorry!
2. I want to get back to going to the gym. I was doing pretty well, until I go the mono. I feel like I am pretty much over it, I have more energy AND a desire. If I can't get to the gym I would like to jump on my trampoline or stretch, or something!
3. I would like to try new recipes every pay period. I really don't enjoy cooking. I am pretty boring in the kitchen. I am really good at sticking to the same dinners over and over again. Jake and the kids are getting sick of it. So, I am going to try to find new meals to make. For most people this would be a snap, but with Kimball's SID it makes it a little hard. I have to find food that he will eat or that I can slightly change so he will even think about getting close to. Texture! I have tried two new meals last month, Taco Soup and Chicken Divan. The Taco soup went over really well. Kimball only ate the pinto beans. I made it again and added extra pinto beans and it worked really well. The chicken Divan was really tasty, and after getting a little creative, Kimball ate most of it. Hurray! Two for two! Hopefully it will stay this well. This pay period we did a treat. We made puppy chow. It is that chex mix with chocolate and peanut butter. Kimball would not eat it. How funny is that. But that is okay! I will take him liking my dinners.
So there it is. Plane and simple. I think it would be fun to sit down as a family and make up a family list of goals. Things we can do together. I could already think of some
1. Continue doing family prayer in the mornings
2. Do better at family home evening
3. Set up a family chore chart. ( I think the kids could start having their own chores)
I hope everyone had a wonderful new years night and here's to a fantastic new year! Cheers!

No comments: