Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tubes

Warren went to the ENT yesterday. He has had four ear infections sense the middle of November. He would just get one right after the other, we got to the point were antibiotics weren’t working and we had to resort to Rocefin. For you that don’t know what that is, it is a three course of shots with some very powerful antibiotics. It is a last resort for antibiotics. It cleared up the last ear infection, which I am very thankful, but I still hate having to put my kid through that. The ENT and I have chosen to get Warren a second set of tubes. His first set has officially fallen out, so that is why is getting the ear infections. We are also going to get his Adnodes(sp?) removed. The ENT told me that sometimes kids who get a lot if ear infections have a swollen adnode, and it effects how the eustation (sp?) tubes work. What really is impressive is that they got us in for Monday! I can handle one week! Just to add to the good news, Monday is a holiday so Jake and my mom will be here to help out. YEAH! For the next week I have to keep Warren health and give him no medications. Did you know that Warren will be getting the seventh set of tubes between my three kids! SEVEN. It is a little crazy, but you do what you have too! Phoebe has had three sets of tubes, adnode removed and tonsils removed. Kimball has had two sets of tubes, adnode removed and tonsils, and now Warren, not to be out done, will be getting his second set and his adnode removed. Do you think that he might have to have his tonsils removed sometime? He is following a pattern. Here’s to health and a fast week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! that is something! I hope everything goes great. Your kids are missing all these body parts..lol.. anyways- he probably will need his tonsils out! Can you take them out when they are not causing problems yet? or do you have to wait?

P.S You are great at leaving comments, thanks!

JonesFamilyBlog said...

Wow-that is a lot of ear infections in one family! I thought I had it bad with Ian, but he was my only one (so far) with ear problems. Since he had his adnoids out, though, he's been fine. Good luck next week!