Thursday, January 22, 2009

Warrens Tube Surgery

Warren has tubes put back in his ear and his adenoid removed this past Monday. It went really smooth. I am so thrilled. Even though I have been through this seven times (No joke, this was our seventh set of tubes for my three kids) it is still hard for me to see them wheel my babies away. He wore his duck pajamas. He was the star or the surgery floor. All the nurses wanted to be around him. Of course he entertained them all. What an angel
Post op is always a little tricky. Usually kids wake up screaming. Not my kids. I have never had that. Warren woke up and immediately wanted a Popsicle. He even said "please" and "thank you." Talk about melt my heart! Warren did vomit after surgery. I have never had a kid do that. It is pretty common after going under. I thought we were going to get lucky and not have to deal with vomiting, but as soon as we pulled in the driveway and unbuckled is seat belt he let it fly. Oh boy. Jake had the day off so he was really able to help.
It didn't take him long to bounce back. By the end of the end of the day he was running and screaming with his brother and sister. We had some friends come over that evening and they couldn't believe that he had, had surgery that morning. It took some convincing. Today he is doing so well! He is eating better than he has done in weeks. He is no longer on pain meds and is back to his old self. What blessing we have the knowledge of tubes!! They are a miracle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at this baby!! He is so precious!!!

I am so happy the tubes make him feel so much better!! He is so sweet!! I miss them so much!!

terica said...

Way to go Warren! We are so happy it all worked out so well! What a brave little boy! We have been thinking about you guys all week since the surgery. Glad to hear it went well. Thanks for all the comments btw!

Bethany said...

I'm so glad it went well. What a doll. I love the last picture of him.