Friday, April 10, 2009

Knee report

I thought it might be time to tell you about the surgery and how I am doing. First of all, I feel great! I can’t believe how little pain I am in!! My knee is swollen and sore, but I can get up and walk with crutches. I even made some spaghetti for dinner. It felt great to be doing something! My mom is so wonderful at making sure I am not over doing my self. She is always after me to go sit down or stop doing something. I am very thankful she is here.
The doctor greeted me with great news after my surgery. I did NOT have a torn menisci’s. I had something called a plica band. This is something in my knee that did not get re-absorbed when I was a three or four month of FETUS! With my injury of falling down the stairs and then Kimball jumping on it, it was inflamed. The doctor just had to go in and removed this stuff. He said that it was make a much easier recovery! I liked that part.
How fascinating that something from when I was growing in my mother as come back to haunt me! There is a high chance that I have it in my right knee, but if I don’t sustain any injury it may never bother me. On the other had, if I some crazy little thing I may have to have surgery on that knee. Here is to not having to have surgery! I have had enough in my life.
So, nothing huge or big to report, just some strange tissue inflamed in my knee. My mom looked at me with a smile and said, “I always knew you were a freak!” I love you too mom!
The kids are doing really well with me. At first Warren wanted nothing to do with me. I think he was a little nervous about the huge bandage around my knee. He did however want my crutches. He has run of with them a couple of times. Or, my personal favorite, he tries to pull them out from me. I think he has it in for my other knee!
Kimball is so careful around me. It is so neat to see how gentle he can be, when he tires. When I ever I tell him my knee is hurting he says to everyone to be quite and then he will say a prayer so my knee wont hurt and that it will hurry up and get better “so mommy can jump on the trampoline with me.” He has such a big heart. Phoebe has become my little nurse. She will come up to me and stroke my face and give me kisses. She will tuck me in and get me anything I want. She loves when I ask for her help. She comes running with a huge smile on her face. She is such a wonderful helper.
Mom is amazing with the kids. She has the patience of Job. She bought the kids some Ghost Shrimp to put in the fish tank. They played out side for hours. When they found an earth worm she would help them put it in the fish tank. She has read to them, played games with them and has had barley any sleep. What a great mother I have.
I still miss Jake, but he was able to be with his sister as she got married today. I am so happy for Cherise! I know she has made a good choice picking Karl. I look forward to going to Idaho next week for the open house.
Okay, me and my plica-lis knee are going to take a well needed nap.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I am SO glad everything went well. I hope your recovery continues to be speedy!

Red Charlotte said...

Yay for feeling better and yay for mom. She rocks!

meg said...

So good that you have 4 wonderful nurses (think of Warren as a... rehabilitator?) Glad you're on the mend!