Monday, August 10, 2009

Kimball's 5th Birthday!
















Who wants an update? I do! I do! I figure that I should probably get Kimball's birthday post done, sense Phoebe's is this coming Sunday! Man, I have been slow at this. Part of the reason is that I am getting all things back to school ready. This year in includes a bit more work. Because Kimball has Sensory Integration Disorder he has to get a 504. It is sorta similar to and IEP, but not. I 504 covers kids that do not have a learning disability, but a disability that could affect there learning. I am really thankful they have something like this. Mrs. Moore, Phoebe's Kindergarten teacher from last years has be the biggest help to Jake and I as we have gone through this process! Thank you Mrs. Moore! We also got the happy news that Kimball will also be in Mrs. Moore's class. That right there helps him on so many levels! We are down to two weeks till school starts. I am busy making teachers gifts, continuing to work with Kimball's potty training. Yes, that is right, my son is 5 and still not potty trained. Going pee in the potty is really starting to take hold. We can usually make it with one accident a day, as long as I remind him. Occasionally he will go in on his own. I am really praying that being around kids his age everyday will jump start him will this. I will keep you informed. Okay, so I was going to post about Kimball's birthday. It was a really great day. My sister Charlotte flew in that day and that evening after church we had a small family party. Kimball requested a "Big Top Cupcake" for his cake. (How many of you have seen that info-mercial? It drives me nuts! Kimball can recite the whole commercial! My friend had the Wilton version if the pan so I was able to use that! He loved it. I had a blast making it. Kimball was in heaven with it. Then he went to cloud nine for the presents. Any of you that know Kimball, know how excited he can get. He was able to go to Toys R Us and pick out a geotrax airplane set. It is really fun, he can connect it with Warren's airport set. He also got some racetrack and cars, and some transformers and a hippied hop. I can't believe this little guy is five. It has been some pretty crazy past five years, but I wouldn't change anything of it. Even with all of his difficulities, this kid is amazing. I love you so much Kimball!

2 comments:

Red Charlotte said...

LOL, He gets sooo excited, doesn't he?

Unknown said...

great pics!