Sunday, August 30, 2009

MOLD

As many of you might have heard, we have moved. We are still in the same area, just a different house. Why have moved? Mold. Lovely, mold. And a lot of it I might add. After three years of complaining about a water damaged wall, they finally came and took care of it. Well as they started ripping, they kept ripping and kept ripping until they had uncovered a 12 section of rotting wall and mold! I was so ticked! They ripped it out with the kids and I in the house and we immediately started getting a burning sore throat. We contacted the housing people and they had the nerve to tell me that it was fine to live in. Ha! Over my dead body. Jake's boss was so mad when he saw what condition of the house. It is nice to have someone on our side! The next day we had keys to a different house. It is the exact same layout as our old one. It made the move a lot easier. We have been blessed to have so many great friends come over and help up move. We had it done in three days. Not bad! Now we just have to finish unpacking everything here! Enjoy the photos!

This is where they started. And they kept going...

After they pulled in moldy insulation out they found that the outside wall was soft. So soft in some areas you could push your finger straight through the wall.


More yucky wall


That is me, being brave. I wiped my hand on a small area and pulled of mold.
It was the entire stinkin wall! 12 feet total. It was on the bottom of the carpet and the two by fours were rotting away!
The smell was horrible! I had a had time breathing

This part is my favorite. These boards were so rotted out that you could use your finger nail and pull hunks of them out. Even I could tell that this was a HUGE project to tackle and I was not planning on living in the house while they did it. That is when I called Jake home from work.


What makes it even better is that they said that sealing it in with a spray paint was going to fix it. Ha! How stupid do I look? They honestly thought that we would want to keep living in that house. Not on your life, buddy! So once we talked to all the right people they said they would hold off on any fixing of the house till we had moved out and then a great job duct taping plastic over the wall. It was such a high quality job that it fell down every day, until they just stopped coming over to tape it back up. Nothing like breathing in all that crap!

Now we are in our new house. All major items are put in the right place. We still have my craft room to do and to hang shelves and photos. Give me a week and I think I will have it together. My goal is to have it done before Jake leaves on a business trip in a couple of weeks. That way I can just play in the evening, once the kids go to bed. We'll see how that really goes!

If you would like our new address, please email me at sariahenglish@gmail.co and I will send it your way! Have a wonderful and healthy day!

3 comments:

meg said...

WOW - way to be super mommy and not take any crap! That is so scary. I am so glad you guys figured out what was going on. Those pictures are shocking!

Sarah said...

So after hearing about all this, it got me wondering if maybe we have a mold problem that's been bothering Dianna, since she's had ear infections since we moved here . Well, after looking in our furnace room we noticed some suspicious looking stuff on the wall, so we're having it checked out. I've heard of a child having to go to the hospital from being exposed to mold. It's serious business! I'm so glad you guys are rid of it!

Unknown said...

geez