Thursday, October 23, 2008

Halloween Goodies and one sick Mama!





You read it right, I am sick, again. Have you ever had your lymph nodes swell in your throat and it hurts to swollow? Well can you imagine that all the lymph nodes in your arm pits, neck, ears, back of your head, chest, arms, groin and knees? That is what has happened to me. It is so horriable. I am completely knocked on my butt. I can do much of anything. It has gotten so bad at one point it has effected my breathing. That was REALLY scarey. The doctors have take blood to do tests, I am STILL WAITING on the results. I really, really, really would like to know WHY this happened to me. The doctors say it just sometimes happens. I am sorry, with all the crap I have been going through sense, forever, I really think it is tied together. I am praying something will happen and the doctors will be able to put it all together.

On a happier note, I have had some fun making crafts and things with the kids BEFORE I got sick. So I thought I would post about it.











The kids are developing my love for pumpkins! Everytime we go to the store they ask if we can buy some. I usually give in. We have painted and colored on some. They I found some darling Halloween stickers at Target and we covered pumpkins with stickers. They kids loved it. It was a great activity to do one even while Jake was in then Grand Canyon. It helped take there mind off how much they missed him.













My bestest friend on the whole planet introduced me to these little babies. They are cupcake pops. They are really cupcakes, but are small enought to fit on sucker sticks. The tourtorial to make them is HERE

They are delicouse and oh so fun to make. Here are some more photos of my creations!




Next, in my quest for the coolest family Halloween costumes I have finished my moms. She is the wicked witch of the West. Here it is!



I really thought that if I started working on all these costumes in August I would be done by know. I am half way done with mine, Glinda and havn't even started on Jakes, The Tin Man. With me being so sick I really don't know if I will get them done. I am okay with not having mine done. Honestly I don't like dressing up that much for Halloween. I would much rather stay at home and pass out the candy. I feel a little bad that I have not been able to finish Jakes. He loves this holiday and loves that I make family themed ones. I will see what I can do. But, no promises.



The last thing I am going to post for now is a birthday cake I got to make for a young women in our ward turning 16. She had a luau theme, so I made flip flops! I really like how they turned out. Also her present from me was a canvas with Tinkerbell. She loves Tinkerbell. I also made one for her sister (her birthday was the week before) It is Eyore.


5 comments:

Red Charlotte said...

Sariah! I hope you feel better soon! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I love you so much.

Evelyn said...

Why didn't you tell me you were sick when I talked to you the other day? I hope you feel better. Your cupcake pops turned out awesome.

meg said...

Sariah - that's so rough that you are feeling so terrible. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you feel sick. I am very impressed with how busy you stay and all the amazing things you do even with a handful at home!! Also, EVERYONE looks so grown. Like little kids now and not babies. I hope that doesn't make you sad... It must be so neat learning more and more about there unique spirits! Also, Pheobe's face is SO cute & spunky!! I miss you all so very much.

Bethany said...

I'm praying for you! I hope the Dr's give you answers soon!!!! Everything you made is wonderful! You are so crafty.