Friday, October 10, 2008

Princess




I know that in my profile I talk about my addiction to crafts, yet I feel like I have not posted a lot about my crafting. I do craft. I craft a lot, just things have been nuts. I really am already looking forward to the New Year. To me some it seems like all my stress is going to end right after Christmas. Well, I mean in my perfect world in my head, all my stress will be gone in 2009. I know that things always change, but anyways. I have wanted to do some more decor in Phoebe's bedroom. She has told me that Dora is no longer cool and that Princesses are the best! I made some Princesses using the Cricut Expressions. I had to borrow it from a friend and I love it!! I want on so bad. I LOVE that I can do more with it. I am happy with my little bug and it will work for now, but I have my eyes set on a big bug! This is what spend the day doing. It took a while. Every piece had to be cut out and glued together. Then I chalked most all of them. The chalking really made them pop. My plan is to cut out a cute circle frame that goes with the Princesses Cartridges. I am going to hang them on her walls. I then am going to print a photo of Phoebe and and put her in one of circle frames. She is our princess. I am also going to cut out "Daughter of a King" and hang it on her wall. I think it will look great! So here they are!






Okay, so now that you are re-living your childhood, I want to know who is your favorite and least favorite of these characters. I will start. I love Belle. As any of my siblings and husband can attest to I am a little obsessed with Beauty and the Beast. I think it is a great story about loving everyone and how you should treat people. I really could give a whole talk on Belle and how we should be more like her, but that will have to be another day. I then would have to say that I like Tinkerbell the least. Now before you go and try to flog me for saying such a think, let me tell you why. I have had issues with her for a long time. Number one, she is not a princess! She is a temperamental little fairy. Next I don't like turn coats. She betrayed Peter! How dare she. Just because of Wendy. It really isn't someone I would like my daughter to be like. Okay, so now you have it. I want to hear.

I know Tink is a good person and did repent and help out, but still there is something about her...

5 comments:

The Anderson's said...

that's freaken amazing! I didn't even know that it was even possible to do that on the expressions. hmm... so much to learn!

Evelyn said...

I think Ariel is my favorite. She reminds me a little too much of me. The red hair, the free spirit - Its freakishly coincidental.

Becca said...

I think I would have to say that my favorite is Belle too. I just love Beauty and the Beast. My second would be Ariel because The Little Mermaid is on of my favorite movies.

Unknown said...

Hello daughter #2, I love your site, your are a craft queen !! Ariel is my favorite, the father/daughter relationship, in the story, really hits home to me in a very personal way. Tink is also my least favorite, ditto on your reasons. I think she needs fairy meds for the split personality thing !!!! Love, mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxox

Yates Family said...

Belle is my favorite too!! She is strong and can stand up for herself! I don't like TInkerbell. I think she is a little bratty to Wendy in Peter Pan!! And dresses a little too trashy for my taste! I know that Snow White is one of the older Princesses but I can't stand her singing voice!!! Just me.