Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

One of the things that really makes October General Conference special is that it is always right a round my moms birthday. We always do a little celebration for her. The kids get so excited to celebrate with her. This year my mom asked for a vegan birthday cake. I was excited for the challenge. I have never made one. It was so wonderfully good! I loved it. I think everyone loved it. I made some cupcakes to cover all the rest of the guests.

A funny story about my moms age. I was at the grocery store with Phoebe buying the ingredients for Bella's cake. I was telling her that it was going to be Bella's birthday soon. She was so thrilled and started to tell me that Bella needed to have an animal party with tigers and lots of games and balloons. I then asked Phoebe if she knew how old Bella was going to be and with out missing a beat she said, "97" I just started laughing. So did the people standing next to us. I soon stopped laughing and told her, close, she is turning 57. So mom, here is to turning 97! (You don't look a day over 57!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mom. Every time I see 10:02 on the clock I still announce, "its Mom's birhtday on the clock!"