Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Meet Karl....

As many of you family members know, Jake and I got the privilege to interrogate... I mean get to know Cherise's boyfriend, Karl. Cherise and Karl were able to come down and stay for conference. It was wonderful to have them stay with us. It was great to get to know him. Jake and I liked him right off the bat, and it only increased as we got to know him better. So I thought I would show off some photos and tell you some of the things I liked about him.

This is Karl. Everyone, say hi to Karl. He is tall, dark and I can actually say he is a handsome looking feller. He is and Idaho Cowboy. Really, he grew up on a cow farm. Karl is good natured. He put up with a lot of my jokes. But come on, he is a really cow boy from Idaho, I think it is to be expected. Karl is studying to be a physical therapist. He is recently returned from a mission.

Karl is a wonderful gentlemen to Cherise and anyone around him. As Granddaddy would say, "A really Cowboy" He holds doors and helps out. He never complained and is ALWAYS said "thank you". I really like this photo because I think is shows how he really cares for Cherise. (I really hope he and Cherise don't kill me for this blog!)






What really sold me on Karl was how wonderful he was with my kids! He comes from a large family and is just so good with all ages. This is a picture of him helping my three kids with a Halloween craft. Phoebe is in love with him and the boys think he is right up there with Superman and Dad. He will get down and play with them and really give them attention. I like him!





Karl had the privilege of sleeping in Kimball's bed, while Kimball and Warren slept in Warren's bed. What a trooper he is! I am sure it wasn't the most ideal place to sleep but just about every sleeping place in my house was filled this weekend so he was lucky to have a bed. What really melted my heart was that I found out that my boys were up an hour before they actually came out of there room. Karl woke up with them and played with them. One of the favorite things that he did with them was lift them upside down and let them walk like spider man on the ceiling. Oh they loved it! I am sure he must of got tired of it but he loved to make them happy. Kimball asks me if I can lift him up so he can walk on the ceiling. Sorry kiddo, I am a little vertically challenged.

Karl is tall. I mean really tall. I am married to the tallest brother but I was a little taken back by how tall Karl was. Jake is close to five inches taller. Even on his tip toes Jake doesn't come close. I would love to see a family photo in it with all the brothers trying to do that I-am-taller-than-you tip toe thing. It really would be pointless with Karl around.







Karl can play the piano and get along well with Jake and I and everyone. He taught Jake a few fun songs on the piano. He is a good teacher. So I guess overall I would have to say Cherise picked a good one. I like the guy and wouldn't mind him sticking around for a while, say eternity? No pressure Karl... just know we are supporting your two!





3 comments:

Paige said...

Yay! Thanks for the pictures and update. :)

Michelle said...

I have been dying for this post! Cherise told me you would be posting some pictures and you did a fabulous job of caputring the moments for all of us who wish we were there. I like him from all that I've heard, and I love that first pic of him smiling, cause it reminds me of Cherise. Well I guess her initial sadness for not getting in to Provo has payed off, she really seems to be finding herself out there and having fun.

Anonymous said...

Good words.